Thank you for your interest in Augury Books.
We will for the entire month of January, 2020, accept submissions for full-length collections of poetry.
There are no restrictions on length. We cannot accept anthologies or translations at this time, nor can we accept work from current and former students of editor Kate Angus. Anyone from anywhere in any stage of their career can send any manuscript they otherwise feel fits within these parameters.
Thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript to Augury Books. We are happy to be opening up submissions for poetry during the month of January, 2020.
Below are the submission guidelines; please pay special attention to each guideline to avoid errors.
- We are only accepting poetry manuscripts this year; no prose, nonfiction, translations, anthologies, or previously published books.
- Multiple submissions are welcome but each must be submitted separately, with separate payments. Current or former students of editor Kate Angus cannot submit.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome, but please withdraw your manuscript immediately if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Make sure your manuscript contains your Name and Email Address, and that pages are numbered.
- Make sure your manuscript contains a cover letter, or that a cover letter is created on Submittable.
- Acceptable formats for uploaded manuscripts are PDF, DOC, and DOCX..
- With the $10 reading fee you receive an ebook/pdf of your choosing, any book of poetry or prose from the Augury Books or Brooklyn Arts Press catalogues. When you submit, you must state the Title and Author of the book you wish to receive, and if you prefer an ebook or a pdf. This book purchase helps authors familiarize themselves with our press and supports our internal manuscript readers.
Publishing offers will include an author contract and honorarium. Poets are expected to help publicize their books. For more information about our books, or if you have further questions, you can visit us at AuguryBooks.com or contact us here.